Every day we make digital payments in different applications and on different sites. In today s world, most of the business relies on digital payments. In the fintech space, hundreds of companies are working to make them more affordable, hassle-free, and reliable.
In my experience, most apps and websites miss out on the last mile of user experience that defines digital payments.
The difference between good and great is the attention to detail.
Below I have listed the small design and interaction details that make a great experience great.
7 days of design reload
The most powerful speakers, the friendliest design community and the desire to make cool designs. 10% discount with UXPUB promo code
This list is far from complete. I will continue to add to it. If you d like to contribute you can reach me at @designaive on medium.com
1. Make permanent descriptions for input fields
Leave no room for guesswork.
2. Automatic focus on the required input field
Help the user
3. Open the correct keyboard
Don t be stupid.
4. Move to the next input field as soon as the user enters valid information
5. Make sure your call-to-action button is visible
Make it easy to find.
6. Add safety icons and badges
7. Show error in real time
Be less annoying.
8. Give instant feedback when a user submits a form
Provide instant feedback.
9. In case of payment failure, give users the option to continue working
No dead ends.
10. Descriptive call-to-action buttons
Make them obvious.
11. Show the delightful successful payment screen
Design to delight.
12. Add an action to clear the input field
Save the user s time.
Save users time by adding quick clearing of the input field.
Do not do it
Don t force users to waste time on tedious work.
Thank you Adit, Rahul & Samir for help. Feel free to write to the author if you would like to contribute.
This list will be added soon.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.