We present to a guest post from blogger designer Onjee about where you can earn money for a designer on the Internet, what areas of activity are there and how they differ.
Nowadays, it is not so easy to find a suitable and well-paid job, even for a knowledgeable, knowledgeable person. The crisis and all other nonsense is depressing, some design unemployment is inherent in many cities far from the capital, which cannot be said about the Internet. After all, it is on the Internet, with certain good skills, you can always make money wherever you live .. If you have studied and know how to work in graphic editors (photoshop, illustrator, etc.), then you have every chance to gain a foothold in the web design market and make good money at the same time.
Having analyzed all possible ways to earn money, you can dwell on the following three, these are:
- production of sites, banners, icons for sale;
- go to a web design studio, or organize your own;
- work for yourself.
All these ways of earning money are fundamentally different from each other, and require different levels of knowledge in the field of work. The only thing that remains unchanged is the desire for self-study and for achieving the set goals. So, let’s get down to a detailed consideration of each of the ways to make money.
1. Creation of website design, banners, drawing icons for sale. This way of getting money is the simplest, and does not require serious knowledge of the intricacies of the profession of a web designer. But not the most profitable either. For this, only a good knowledge of Photoshop and Flash is useful. However, the demand for this type of service is quite low, and all niches are already occupied by people who have been doing this for more than one year. So don’t expect crowds of potential employers to flock to you.
2. Get a job in a web studio, or organize your own. Everything here is not as simple as it seems at first glance. As a rule, such studios have strict requirements: higher education, work experience, perfect knowledge of graphic editors, and these are only the main ones. Even if you find a vacancy, it is not a fact that you will be hired. If, nevertheless, you got a job, then try to complete all tasks on time and with maximum efficiency, because many are already claiming your place.
The second option is to open your own web design studio. To do this, you need freelancers who will look for clients and create layouts. Naturally, they all need to be paid. In addition, you need to make your own website, which should look presentable, because this is the face of your studio. The method is even more complicated than the first one, since the activity of the boss is not very simple. It would seem that it was difficult – I found freelancers, found orders on similar sites, agreed on all the nuances and gave the job to my employees. In theory, it is, of course, everything is smooth, but in fact there is a bunch of little things and details – inexperienced freelancers, bad customers, failure to meet deadlines, etc. If you don’t have any knowledge, it’s better not to get involved with creating a studio.
3. If for all the time you’ve spent looking for work in the studio, or on well-paid orders, you haven’t found anything worthwhile, then self-employment will be your lifeline. In order to start making good money on the Internet, you need to create a website. Everything that you can do with your own hands: icons, icons, layouts, banners, advertisements, fonts, all this should be freely available on your site, because people are constantly looking for such materials for their sites, but they do not want to pay for them.
And you, in turn, will be able to earn on the people themselves, or rather on their attendance. To do this, you can install clickanders, affiliate programs, ads from Google or Yandex, if you’re lucky, then someone’s ad or banner. In addition, no one canceled the sale of links, but in order to engage in such earnings, you need to upgrade your site. TIC 10 is enough for your site to be accepted into the link exchange. Moreover, these are the most difficult TIC, further they will grow faster if you actively promote your site, and therefore, along with the TIC, your earnings will also grow.
That’s probably all, so you have some material to think about. Strive, strive, earn!
PS What can I add on the topic based on personal experience. The methods mentioned are, in principle, correct, but seemed a little chaotic to me. Therefore, before doing something from the very beginning, you need to sit down and think – 1) what skills and knowledge you have, 2) what exactly would you like to do – because the “studio” and Internet earnings are already a little distant things from classic design. If you don’t have much knowledge, then, of course, go ahead to learning the basics – these are graphic editors, and layout (which comes in handy).
If you can’t find a job as a web designer at a firm (remotely or permanently), then don’t be discouraged, various vacancies and offers can also be found on freelance exchanges and specialized forums, starting with smaller orders and ending with full-fledged website designs. At the same time, I strongly recommend starting your own website – where not only publish some icons, fonts, but also upload your work. And in general, you can hone and apply certain design and layout skills in the process of designing a personal website – there will be the first serious project in your portfolio that can be viewed and evaluated live. I wish you success!
PPS When you don’t know what is better to choose for a person, you can always go to the mybook.in.ua bookstore and buy a good book, be it a classic or a modern author.